Blue Distinction Center
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas* has designated Houston Northwest Medical Center as a Blue Distinction Center for Bariatric Surgery®. Houston Northwest Medical Center met numerous selection criteria thresholds necessary to be named as a Blue Distinction Center for Bariatric Surgery, including:
- offering a full-service inpatient hospital facility
- being fully accredited by The Joint Commission or Healthcare Facilities Accreditation Program
- performing a required volume of bariatric surgeries during the recent 12 month reporting period
- being staffed by an experienced and appropriately credentialed bariatric surgical team
- being supported by appropriate equipment and staffing
- establishing documented policies and procedures for patient care and follow-up care
demonstrating a commitment to quality improvement, as demonstrated by its ongoing quality management and improvement programs
*Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas is a Division of Health Care Service Corporation, a Mutual Legal Reserve Company, an Independent Licensee of the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association.
Note: Designation as Blue Distinction Centers means these facilities’ overall experience and aggregate data met objective criteria established in collaboration with expert clinicians’ and leading professional organizations’ recommendations. Individual outcomes may vary. To find out which services are covered under your policy at any facilities, please call your local Blue Cross and/or Blue Shield Plan.
Call 281-587-3300 today.